Friday, October 10, 2008

This week....whew!!

Well, I know it has been forever since I have blogged anything...computer issues are the biggest problem...hopefully that issue will be resolved soon, and I can upload some new and exciting pictures...in the meantime...

I had some unexpected health concerns over the last few weeks...seems I have a cyst/nodule on the left side of my thyroid. I have done some research online, and talked with my doctor, thyroid issues apparantly are not that big of a deal. Very treatable, and more like a chronic illness. Still, when it is happening to you, it seems like a HUGE deal, and I have to say a little scary. I have been through several tests (I will be radioactive for the next 4-5 days!)...the doctor's office called yesterday and said they had the results and needed me to come to the office to discuss my options...after thinking about it and Kenny offering (I guess he knew I wouldn't ask!) I took him on the offer to go with me to the doctor...and have FINALLY found out that the right side of my thyroid is not functioning, the nodule (toxic cyst) takes up the whole left side of my thyroid...and is very overactive...after reviewing all of the test results, my doctor has put my mind at ease that cancer is a very minute possibility...I have several options to consider, one of them being surgery...after talking to the doctor and Kenny, I'm thinking that will be the last resort...thank goodness we have a "Fink Day" planned this weekend, it will be nice to get their input, along with Kenny's, to make a decision what to do, or not to do...

whew!, I am so glad this part and this week are over!!


1 comment:

Robyn said...

Hi Ronda - I'm tagging you to play this game. Take a look at by blog post for today if you want to play....