We just got back from a wonderful trip to PA to visit and spend some much needed time with Grandma and Gail. I have FINALLY figured out how to put my pics on here, in a slideshow, but not in the right spot...anyway...thought I'd share what we did on our little "vacation"...
We left Wednesday August 12, had our traditional breakfast on the way, at Cracker Barrel. Got into PA about 4:30, everyone was getting hungry, so we decided to eat at UNO's. It was good, Evan got to make his own pizza and of course had alot of fun making it!! Then it was on to Grandma's...it was so good to see her...even after 22 years, it is strange to me that I still get "homesick" and always look forward to getting there, and absolutely hate leaving!! I love spending time with Grandma and never get tired of hearing her stories of the past (even if it is the same stories over and over!), and talking to Gail in a weird way, I feel like I am talking to mom. The interest in the kids, and advice she gives me, I treasure every conversation we have.
Anyway, we just hung out at Gram's Wednesday night and most of the day Thursday. We sat around and talked, caught up on the latest gossip. I took the kids to the lake and let Evan play, the girls skipped rocks, and Emileigh chased a butterfly for about 30 minutes, but finally caught it...only to have it fly away almost as soon as she caught it!! We drove around the lake, laughed alot, and had a great time...
Friday afternoon, we went to Gail's to visit, Evan made fast friends with Dave. He got to go on the four-wheeler, and pick blackberries in their backyard...we were invited to Shelley's to celebrate Zach's 13th birthday with them...it was alot of fun! Paul & Sarah were there with their daughter, Rachel. She is adorable! She hasn't quite figured out walking yet, but is almost there. Paul took her into the pool, and she absolutely loved it! Evan and Shelley's youngest son Hunter get along really well, so they jumped on the trampoline, went swimming, then it was off to play the newest X-Box games...they had a ball!!
Saturday, I took the kids school shopping (there is no tax on clothes in PA!!) at the mall, we had such a good time! The girls each got much needed jeans, and some shirts, Evan picked out his own jeans, and couple of shirts. We went to Panera Bread to have lunch, which was yummy! Then on to Kohl's, Bed Bath & Beyond, Petco, and several other stores to pick up odds and ends. We finished about 5pm, and met Dave, Gail, Zach, and Hunter at a Japanese steakhouse for a wonderful dinner!!
Then it was time for our trip home. Got up early this morning, and started the jouney, we got as far as Altoona and everyone decided they were starving! We stopped and had a great breakfast at Cracker Barrel (another tradition!), then it was off for the other 7 hours of riding in the car..Evan did really well for the first 6 1/2 hours, then he lost his mind and started taking crazy pictures, and just acting really silly!!
It was a wonderful trip, I love spending time with my kids. I know they get bored while we are there, but our time with Gram is getting shorter and shorter I guess I feel like we need to take advantage of it while we can. As much as I enjoy our time together, I think she enjoys it more!!
No comments:
Post a Comment