Well, no pictures with this blog...just a quick update...
The kids are great! Brittany has adjusted to college life very well...I think she is having alot of fun, which is fine with me...so long as she is keeping up with her classes...and she is...she had a 3.7 GPA and that was with one class that she had some trouble with...she probably would have made the Dean's list, if that class would have worked out...her softball season has finally gotten into full swing...I would say she is "over the moon"...me not being an athlete, I can't understand completely, but she LOVES softball...eats, sleeps, breathes, softball...I have finally associated it with music to me...it is her "out"..it makes everything better, it is something she excels at...She makes me so proud to watch her...she has become a beautiful, funny, caring, and talented young woman...
Emileigh is busy planning her "Sweet 16" birthday..after some discussion we have decided to have it here at home...she wants to rent a WII (yes!), have pineapple pizza and virgin drinks..you know, daquiries, pina coladas, and margaritas (?)...she had 15 people on her list, not sure how many we will end up with, but she is SO excited...it is so hard to believe she is going to be 16...where does time go? I am getting so old!! And if I am, you know you all are too!!! She went job hunting yesterday and came home with an application for Ham's restaurant, and tried to apply for PetSmart...had some trouble with that one, but I think it is great she is really excited about working and making her own money...since I never seem to have any to give her!!
Evan is growing up so fast too...he is doing great at piano...his teacher says he will be a student that can read music, but can play by ear also..he can hear a song and within a few minutes can figure out the basic melody...that is something I was not blessed with...he is also taking dance lessons and absolutely LOVES it! He comes home tapping all over the living room, and is constantly practicing his tumbling, and foot moves!! It is hilarious at times! He is doing wonderful in school...his teacher sent home a note with his report card that he is a very sweet student and a joy to teach (I'm sure they say that alot, but still good to hear about your own child!)...he is getting excited about his birthday too...he asked me this morning if I would "give him an early dismissal for his birthday...how cute, already looking for ways to get out of school early! I probably willl, but I told him we would see...
I think that is all the updates for now...will post pictures next..with Emileigh's birthday, I'm sure I'll have some good ones!!
No comments:
Post a Comment